I’m sure you’ve noticed that I’ve had some trouble keeping up with my weekly post schedule lately. I meant to post 2 weekends ago. I had it all set up in my head already. But then I found myself tidying my apartment, dealing with moving soon, practicing the guitar, working on my new song – and being desperate about not being able to express myself the way I want to. And suddenly I found myself thrown into another busy work week without having written a single word. In the middle of the week I received a note telling me there was a new comment on my blog. I wish it was different, but this is still a pretty rare thing to happen, so I was curious to see who had commented and what he/she had to say. Imagine my incredible excitement when I found out that momentsofmezz had nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! The Very. Inspiring. Blogger. Award. That’s right.
Inspiring? Me? Wow! I sat there for a while staring at the comment with a huge smile on my face. While this blog is in many ways about exploring myself and all the possibilities life throws at me, what I’m really hoping for is to inspire people by what I’m doing and writing about. And if there’s just one person, like momentsofmezz, who feels inspired by what I have to say, I’m more than happy. So thank you for this Award. It means a lot to me and I’ll promise to keep on doing what I’m doing (and trying to do so more often, starting when I’ve finally moved in about a month the latest, I promise!).
Now that I’m done with Rule No. 1 (Thank the person who nominated you), let’s move on to Rule No. 2:
Share 7 things about yourself:
1. I’m a closet rock star. \m/
2. I’m addicted to Nutella. So fluffy and tasty in your mouth, yum!
3. If I had to I would risk my life for my sister. She’s the most important person in my life and nothing compares to the bond we share.
4. I hate cats. They’re mean and evil and they scare me. One of those beasts once got me a concussion when it ran into my bike, so I fell over the handlebars and landed on my head.
5. People always think I’m way younger than I really am. Not too long ago a temp asked me if I was doing an internship at my company. I also have to show my ID to get into clubs on a regular basis (access is allowed for people over 18 here in Germany).
6. My passion for 30 Seconds to Mars very often gets mistaken for a crush on Jared Leto. You are so very wrong, people! But well, you know, it’s not for everyone, it’s for those who understand! ;).
7. I’m a big time dreamer. I’ve been chasing dreams for all my life and I will not stop to do so until I die. Unfortunately, there’s not enough people like us out there…
And finally rule No. 3:
Pass the award to 7 inspiring bloggers:
I have to admit that this is the reason why it took me so long to finish this post. I’m actually not following that many blogs. And the ones I do follow are pretty popular ones already and don’t necessarily need the extra attention. However, they do inspire me and maybe they will inspire you, too. So be sure to check them out (I’m sorry it’s not 7, but I couldn’t come up with more):